Company Formation in Dubai Startup Guide. Whether you are looking to form your LLC Company in Dubai or looking for any information. This is where you will find all the important information.
There are two jurisdictions in Dubai for conducting business: Dubai “mainland” on one hand, and more than 20 economic free zones in Dubai on the other hand. Mainland and free zones offer different advantages depending on your business type and activities.
Company Formation in Dubai
When you have decided to form your company in Dubai mainland. Kindly be informed the license would be issued from Dubai Economy Development Department.
How to Form a Company in Dubai?
Let us walk you through the 8 steps that are required to form a company in Dubai mainland.
Step1: Select Business Activity
You will have to choose your business-related activity our of more than 2,100 business activities which are available in Dubai. These activities are classified in different class and groups. In order to go through the details, please click on this link Business Activity. Once you have decided on the business activity. Let’s move to the next step.
Step2: Select a Legal Structure for your Business
Select your company legal structure. Dubai offers you 16 Company Legal Standing options. They are Sole Proprietorship, One Person Company (LLC), Civil Company, Limited Liability Company, Private Share Holding Company, Public Share Holding Company, Simple Limited Partnership, Partnership Company, Branch of a Foreign Company, Representative Office, Branch of a Dubai-based Company, Branch of a UAE-based Company, Branch of a GCC-based Company, Branch of a Freezone Company, Intelaq (Home-based business for UAE Nationals) and SME License.
Step3: Select a Trade Name (Legal Name) for your Business
Basically it the name of your Company. What will be the company called? Ther are Trade Name certain guidelines provided by DED which you need to adhere while choosing your company Name. Please do not get confused even if you are looking to form a service license you will still have to choose a trade name. For any kind of license whether it’s service, trading or industrial license a Trade Name (Legal Name) needs to be booked.
Step4: Apply for an Initial Approval Certificate
An Initial Approval Certificate is a certified document issued by Dubai DED which is issued once you submit the relevant documents and pay applicable fees. It confirms that Dubai DED has no objection towards starting your new business. Please Keep in mind it’s current validity is for six months and it’s renewable by paying 120 AED.
Step5: Get Ready with A Legal Draft of Memorandum of Association (MOA) and a Local Service Agent Agreement (if necessary)
The draft depends upon the legal structure of your company, you and your business partners. We suggest you to carefully read the agreements you are signing. If it’s an LLC company and you are an expat legally you can hold 49% of the shares and the rest 51% is with your Local partner (Local Sponsor) or with a local company which can be your corporate sponsor.
Step6: Business Location (Ejari)
As per Dubai DED, all businesses in Dubai should have a minimum of 200 sqft space in order for issuance of the license. You will need a tenancy contract from the landlord and with you will have to take that along with the initial approval and trade name certificate to nearest Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) to any authorised service centre and they will issue the Ejari. You will need the Ejari Certificate for your Company Formation in Dubai.
Step7: Get Special Licensing Approvals (if required)
Please be informed in order to complete the licensing process if you have a specific activity which will need approval from certain authority (federal and local) you will have to apply for it and get those approvals completed.
Step8: Pay and Collect your Business License
After all your documents are submitted to Dubai DED you will receive a payment voucher. Once the payment is made your Trade License copy would be printed and handed Over to you. Please keep in mind you will have to pay within 30 days of receiving the payment voucher.
Once the LLC formation Dubai process is completed you should open your Business Bank Account and immediately register for VAT.
Company Formation in Dubai documents requirement.
- Registration and Licensing Application Form.
- Passport copy with the entry stamp of Dubai (If the shareholder are on Visit Visa)
- NOC from the Existing sponsor if the Shareholder is employed within U.A.E.
- Local Sponsor Passport Copy with Emirates ID copy.
- Law No. (13) of 2011 Regulating the Conduct of Economic Activities in the Emirate of Dubai
- Federal Law No. (2) of 2015 on Commercial Companies
- Federal Law No. (5) of 1975 on Commercial Register
- Federal Law No. (37) of 1992 on Trademarks
- Federal law No. (4) of 1979 On Combating fraudulence and Cheating in Trading Dealings
- Federal Law No. (1) of 2006 On Electronic Commerce and Transactions
- Federal Law No. (8) of 2004 Regarding The Financial Free Zones
- Federal Law No. (18) of 1981 Concerning Organizing Trade Agencies
- Federal Law No. (28) of 2001 Concerning Setting up of Emirates Specifications and Standards Authority
- Federal Law No. (4) of 2012 Concerning Regulation of Competition
- Federal Law No. (24) of 2006 on Consumer Protection
- Federal Law No. (18) Of 1993 Issuing the Commercial Transactions Law
- Law No. (11) of 2012 Establishing the Mohammed bin Rashid Fund to Support Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Law No. (16) of 2013 Establishing the Dubai Investment Development Agency
- Law No. (22) of 2009 Concerning the Central Register of Corporations and Companies in the Emirate of Dubai
- Law No. (23) of 2009 Concerning Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises Development as Amended by Law No. (8) of 2012
- Law No. (34) of 2009 Concerning the Dubai Export Development Corporation
- Law No. (25) of 2008 Concerning the Department of Economic Development
- Executive Council Resolution No. (13) of 2011 Approving Fees and Fines of the Department of Economic Development
- Federal Law No. (4) of 2000 Concerning the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority and Market
If you need any assistant during your company formation in Dubai, LLC formation in Dubai, UAE company formation do not hesitate to ask us on email@example.com